Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JawaT
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Request for Ricoh - Focus Points on K-500
5 months ago

I have had a K-500 for 10 months now. Got it for a very good price along with the 18-55 and 50-200 lenses. Overall, very pleased with my purchase.

Yesterday landed a K-30 locally on craigslist. I don't have any WR lenses, so I doubt that I will use the K-30 in a "wet" environment. The thing about the K-30 that I find is conspicuously absent on the K-500 are the focus points. This is the first camera that I have owned that had these focus points, and I would be loathe to lose this feature

So here is a request to Ricoh to bring focus points to the K-500 in a future firmware upgrade. I believe that unlike the electronic level, the focus points are a pure software implementation.

The WR feature in of itself distinguishes the K-50 adequately from the K-500, and justifies the premium pricing of the K-50.

This simple enhancement will strengthen the positioning of the K-500 as a credible low end DSLR, and earn the gratitude of all K-500 owners.

How about it Ricoh ???

JawaT's gear list:JawaT's gear list
Pentax K-01
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-50 Pentax K-500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow