Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JMendez
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Leica for a new journalist
5 months ago

Hello to all.  This is my first post.  I write because my daughter will start in the fall her master's degree in journalism at Columbia University, and I would like to prize her hard work with a great camera.  Please note that just about all I know about cameras is that when it comes to great ones Leica are often cited.  I own a Canon G12 which is far beyond my scope of mastery.

Luckily, my daughter knows about photography much more than I do as she has taken photography classes, has worked for some time now with her trusty SLR Canon, and I understand she'll get some additional training in photography at Columbia.   By the way, she'll probably concentrate her career in political campaigns and issues.

For all of the above, I'll truly appreciate your input as to which Leica body and lens would be ideal for her.  I know that one lens is never enough but the second one she'll have to buy herself.  I'd like to know which would you recommend to start.  I have in mind a Leica that she will be able to use for years to come.

Also, I cannot understand what is the difference between the various Leica cameras: The M, the ME, the MP, the M7, M9...  Please help...!!!

Please excuse my ignorance.  In any case, your responses will be greatly appreciated.

JM

Canon PowerShot G12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow