ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgalvan0828
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Just got Canon G1x Mark II - sample images
5 months ago

Hi-

Just joined the forum... been a passive reader for a while.

I just got my G1x Mark II the other day and used it for the first time yesterday on a trip to Asbury Park.  I've noticed a lot of opinions about this camera from people who haven't used it.  For those that are thinking of buying it, I'll start by posting some shots here.

My general impressions at the moment:

• If you are like me, who is used to DSLR quality photos, but don't want to lug around gear, this camera is aimed towards our group

• Comparatively speaking, the camera is small for everything that it offers

• The lens is very versatile.  It is sharp across the aperture range and you can achieve that shallow DOF shot.

• F/2 is great at night.  For normal/wide shots it is quite helpful and relatively sharp.  For medium/close range photos at f/2, it is still pretty sharp as well.  It's weakness comes at close macro at f/2... that's where it gets soft (but also extremely shallow in terms of DOF.

• Combined with the EVF, and the camera has a very flexible operation to it.  The EVF has great quality to it.  It also changes the feel of the camera, from a usage standpoint.  What's great about it is that combined with the 3 control rings on the camera, along with the programable button, you can set it up like shooting with a DSLR.  I plan on keeping the EVF on all the time.

Overall, I'm really happy with the camera so far.  It serves the goal of having DSLR-like quality (form, function and image quality) from a much smaller all-in-one camera that I can take around with me much easier by just keeping it in a pocket in my backpack.

I've attached a couple pics.  All are straight out of the camera (shot in JPEG + Raw, so these are all in standard setting).

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow