Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,850
Like?
Let's stop compararing IQ!
3 months ago

Many threads in this forum are qabout comparing IQ. People are comparing cameras like the 1" Nikon system one, the m43, the APS and the FF cameras and long discussions follow.

The question should not be: what camera has the best IQ, but what IQ is good enough for me? Then we should look at other, more important, things in a camera and discuss that more, like features (what feature is realy handy and what feature is no, how often do you need a given feature, and what is the result in the end?). Then there is the ergonomics of a camera, how does it feels in your hands, are the buttons and dials on the right place, is there room for improvement? And then there is the question of how we can get the best results from our camera, what settings are best, whatkind of technics can be used to overcome the shortcommings of our system and how can we make the best out of the stron points of our cameras...

I think that we can help everyone more by halping them to get the best out of their cameras then to tell people how good (or bad) a camera is. Personaly I think that most people will find it very hard to tell what picture is shot with what camera, only by looking at it as a whole on the the screen, or in print (so not pixelpeeping and not looking at the EXIF data.

We should have fun taking pictures and help others to make better pictures...

Picture taken with a 2 MP camera (Sony F55) So who said that wildlife was impossible without large telelens?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow