Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
R V C
Regular MemberPosts: 338Gear list
Like?
A short trip to Lake Park
3 months ago

Hello, I Finally had a chance to go out to the Parks since moving to KL almost a month ago, I would like opinions and advice on improving my skills.

None of the pictures have been eddited or cropped. I used the EM1 with the 12-50mm on Macro mode of the critters and the flowers, the 75 - 300 mm mkII for the birds.

I am pritty happy with this one, however if my more experienced peers can tell me how i could improve the outcome further, i would be greatful.

Now this was on jittery fellow, I think a better reach with the Macro would make it possible to have better pictures. (the sun was quite harsh)

Do the colours look a little washed out? The orchid was a very pale colour, however due to the harsh sunlight I am not sure if i could have done better.

This bee eater was a struggle, chiefly because 1) The bird is very small, i was at 300 mm zoom, and it is very difficult to keep the camera stable and pointed on the object of intrest ( kudos to the 5 axis stabilization). I used C-AF ( could i do better, maybe C-AF with tracking?). The back ground was very bright, bird was sitting high up in the tree. I changed my position many times however i always ended up with the bright sky as the background. The problem was that the bird was always in the shadow of the branches above it and with the bright background, i really struggled. Is my choice of ISO, Shutter speed and Aperture ok? or could i do better.

Saw this Lizard (probably Monitar Lizard) swimming in the canal ( had stopped swimming momentarily when i took my shots) and i managed to take a few shot, this is the better one. I used C-AF and used the AEL/AFL button to lock focus, however sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not, what am i doing wrong?

I feel prity smug about this one, however I am always looking for advice to improve my skills.

Thank you for your comments and advice.

R V C's gear list:R V C's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +4 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow