G1 X Mark ii.. what's with all the hate?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrYuzhai
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
G1 X Mark ii.. what's with all the hate?
3 months ago

After scouring the intertubes for reviews and hands on impressions of the G1 X Mark ii it's pretty clear (thus far anyways) that this isn't going to be a camera loved by most..

I was looking to get into photography as a hobby and also to have a good camera to take better photos with.. As I'm practically a virgin to the world of DSLR cameras (I was stubborn to get into it after the decline of analogue photography) I've instead opted for the point & shoot.. I guess it makes more sense when traveling etc (and no.. Cellphone camera's are still many many years away from being able to capture great pictures - that includes my Nexus 5 as well as our iPhone 5s) portability without the hassle of carrying lenses.

After failing to find any real in depth reviews online, I decided to hit my local Jessops.. The staff basically blasted the camera and instead advised me to go for a Sony or Samsung which pretty much caught me off guard..! When I asked if they've got the G1 X Mark ii in stock anyways they said not yet.. I asked if any Canon reps had popped in to let them play around with it or anything.. they still said no! They've basically been echoing everything that's been said in online forums thus far! Which I found hilarious.. Why is everyone hating on this camera??

I'm not even sure why.. I probably should have waited some more to get more research done.. Anyways.. I've just ordered it online along with the EVF, Lens Hood & UV adapter.. Now the wait is already killing me lol.. but I'll be sure to drop some pics online and give my own impressions too.. Now I'm a novice so hoping to get to grips with it as soon as I can..

Anyways.. Just felt like joining and participating in this community.. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute as time goes on..

p.s. please be gentle with me (this is my first post)!

MrYuzhai's gear list:MrYuzhai's gear list
G1 X II
Canon PowerShot G1 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow