Why are Samsung cameras not more popular?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MichaelKJ
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,077Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung cameras are NOT popular in ASIA
In reply to 007peter, 5 months ago

007peter wrote:

brianj wrote:

Possibly because most of what you read here is from the english speaking part of the world and a high percentage of US people. I think samsung product might be more popular in the Asian part of the world but they are probably not responding on these forums.

Wrong. Samsung camera are NOT popular even in Asia. Korea, homeland, is about the only place Samsung Camera has a footing.

Asian wants the BEST. Most expensive gear, most expensive LV bags, and the most & the best camera are Canon & Nikon DSLR!

Not a typo, Big Canon & Nikon DSLR are everywhere. If you ever travel in Asia, it not uncommon to see people carrying Big Bulky DSLR. I see more DSLR in Asia then I do here in North America.

Thank you for refuting the common stereotype held by many Westerners that Asians prefer small and light cameras. While mirrorless is doing better in Asia than in the West, DSLRs were 71% of the ILCs shipped to Asia in 2013 by CIPA members (75% outside Japan; 62% to Japan).

http://www.cipa.jp/stats/documents/e/d-2013_e.pdf

MichaelKJ's gear list:MichaelKJ's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow