What are your experiences with V1 or V2 as a main travel cam?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jared Huntr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,455Gear list
Like?
What are your experiences with V1 or V2 as a main travel cam?
3 months ago

For years, I've always taken my dSLRs on vacation. This time, I'm considering taking the V1 on a vacation in the Mediterranean and Western European region. The main incentive is weight reduction. But my main concern is image quality and whether I will regret not having dSLR-quality pics to bring home. I typically shoot ultra-wide and tele so I intend to bring a 6.7-13mm and the 30-110mm (and 18.5 because of it's featherweight). In cases where image quality is critical, I will have my Ricoh GR pocket camera with APS-C sensor but that is only 28mm.

Alternatively, I could take my Canon SL1 body+10-22mm for ultra-wide and the V1+30-110mm for tele in order to eliminate lens swaps on the V1.

So what are your experiences with V1 or V2 as a main travel cam when you had the option of a dSLR? I actually find the deeper depth of field more useful in candid people shots typically taken during vacations.

Jared Huntr's gear list:Jared Huntr's gear list
Ricoh GR
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow