D800 - What I love most about it is...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jfw
jfw
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 - What I love most about it is...
In reply to ianbramham, 8 months ago

Ian - I shoot mostly landscape, and I share your assessment re: the "likes".

One additional thing I really like on the D800 is image review.  I love how it is instant and a simple "up arrow" press cycles me through the various views of the image.

I shot Canon 1-Series for years and loved every minute of it.  But one feature the D800 has that Canon refused for years to include is MLU on a simple external dial - love it.  I also love that I can map release delay to easily accessible buttons in the front.

Also love the DR.

Re: improvements - I'm generally happy with the AF system.  But, just empirically, I don't think it is as good as the one in my Canon 1-Series.

Overall, I love my D800 and have zero-regrets re: my purchase.  I do prints up to 24x36 on an Epson 7900 in my lab and the D800 IMHO produces fabulous prints.

I shot with my Canon 1-Series for 9 years - and I can see myself using my D800 for 9 years, unless there is some really revolutionary shift in the marketplace.

Cheers

jfw

jfw's gear list:jfw's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow