Switching from D7100 to D600 for $140, worth it?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,768Gear list
Like?
Re: Short answer - no
In reply to rexet, 8 months ago

You are in Paris so you should have a 2 year Nikon warranty running on your D7100 - and maybe none if you buy a D600 private.

The D7100 has superior AF and no image quality difference to 1600 ISO. You would have to sell and replace a DX lens with an FX lens with a cost to at least double the trade difference.

You are very happy with your D7100.

I do not see any good reason to switch from bought new to buying second hand and spending money for no obvious gain.

Overall I rate the D7100 as better than the D600/610 in much the same way as I regard the D800 as overall better than any of the 3 cameras.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Producing good quality photographs, or being good at sport or art, involves a little more than buying appropriate equipment. Practice, some learning and perhaps natural talent often play a bigger role than the equipment in your hands.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow