Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
terrylau
Regular MemberPosts: 186
Like?
Re: A7 shutter sound is not loud, its long
In reply to SQLGuy, 5 months ago

SQLGuy wrote:

Ah. I see. You're an SLT troll.

Just in case you actually want an answer, you should consider that, with a stop and a half better low light performance, you wouldn't need to shoot at 1/6th for the same noise results from an A7. You would be shooting instead at about 1/20th. All the FE zooms offer OSS, so you can shoot that slow hand-held, but you can also use a number of MF 50/1.4's (for normal fields of view) that are good and cheap, so you wouldn't even need that slow of a shutter speed.

If you're really interested in IBIS and full frame, get an A99.

I am not an SLT troll . A77 is just used as an example and the shutters on NEX cameras are equally quiet .

There must be  reasons why Sony dont use a quieter shutter on A7 and A7 R which could be highly technical and only they themselves can answer . However if technically feasible I would prefer Sony to use a quieter shutter in their coming models to compliment the mirrorless design for lower shutter shock and more stealthy .

You definitely  have your points in the workarounds but as camera enthusiasts we do like to compare the strengths and weakness of each model, hoping camera makers will take notice .

terrylau

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow