Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,088Gear list
Like?
Color balance assistance, please
8 months ago

Because of my red-green color blindness, white balance, even with the dropper in Lightroom, can prove challenging. I can't "see" what is obvious to those with normal color sight.

Some months ago when I first got my A7, I went to a local zoo with my Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-f4 zoom from the 1980s. The combination of snow and haze and shadow made white balance tough on the scene, and no easier when I got home.

In this set, I would adjust exposure, clarity, contrast and saturation, and use the dropper on the whitest part of the snow which didn't record 100-100-100, and the blackest black I could find. I can't tell whether these are correct or not.

I'd appreciate any guidance as to what you see and whether/where these are "off" - thanks!

Thanks in advance for any critical guidance offered.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow