Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveIso
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
A6000 vs E-M1, big difference in noise
5 months ago

I have a NEX-7 with some good lenses atm but was looking at the E-M1 with a oly or pana f2.8 lens, I'm interested in these fast lenses for capturing movement. But since I shoot with Zeiss 24 and Zeiss 16-70 on the NEX I have become quite demanding when it comes to IQ. In can use a 1:1 crop from a good light exposure without sweating, and even in bad light I can crop pictures more than I thought was possible.

Would this still be possible on a E-M1? It's only 16mpix, but the olympus pro lens have got some good reviews and sometimes a good lens could make up for sensor resolution. What got me worried before follow through with a purchase is the lackluster performance in high iso according to the dxo site. Sony A6000 scores almost double of what the E-M1 can achieve. I have used a EOS M before which I thought was good but not near the nex-7 in performance. And even the EOS M scores higher than E-M1. So what do you think that I can expect?

Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow