A6000 vs E-M1, big difference in noise

Started Apr 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DaveIso Junior Member • Posts: 25
A6000 vs E-M1, big difference in noise

I have a NEX-7 with some good lenses atm but was looking at the E-M1 with a oly or pana f2.8 lens, I'm interested in these fast lenses for capturing movement. But since I shoot with Zeiss 24 and Zeiss 16-70 on the NEX I have become quite demanding when it comes to IQ. In can use a 1:1 crop from a good light exposure without sweating, and even in bad light I can crop pictures more than I thought was possible.

Would this still be possible on a E-M1? It's only 16mpix, but the olympus pro lens have got some good reviews and sometimes a good lens could make up for sensor resolution. What got me worried before follow through with a purchase is the lackluster performance in high iso according to the dxo site. Sony A6000 scores almost double of what the E-M1 can achieve. I have used a EOS M before which I thought was good but not near the nex-7 in performance. And even the EOS M scores higher than E-M1. So what do you think that I can expect?

Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow