Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henry Falkner
Forum ProPosts: 12,142Gear list
Like?
SH-50 Demo Video
6 months ago

When I bought the SZ-30MR in September 2011, I ran into a big discussion with Sandra. But she finished in saying - 'Now that you have it, you better do something with it'. So I did an SZ-30MR demo video within days. The salient points were - 24x zoom range, MUCH less noise with better dynamic range as compared against the Stylus 9010, but 'finger trouble' because of the mode dial turning too easily.

Last November however, the SH-50 was bought with Sandra's agreement, so the pressure to produce ANYTHING was not there. I have produced lots of stills and videos since - but no SH-50 demo video - until now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaugBMqzqQ

It says - the SH-50 mode dial does not turn by itself, the video start button is all by itself so no other buttons get pressed by mistake, and you have a Custom White Balance and a manual exposure setting. The length is 11 minutes and 40 seconds, and almost half of it are brief video examples of what I have done with the SH-50 since last November.

Both the SZ-30MR and the SH-50 have been used for this video. I could have mentioned the muffled sound from the SZ-30MR when it hunts for the correct audio frequency response, and another couple of improvements in the SH-50.

Off Topic: The SH-1 will have round buttons again for the video start and display buttons, but diagonally separated by the thumb rest. This should be safe enough for my habitual blind camera operation. The firmware will be revised, version 7. I hope that the SH developing team has kept well away from the 'enthusiast' developing crowd (no 11-year-old hardware bits, and no duplicated features locking out each other). There will be 5-axis IS for both stills and video (2-axis IS for video is, uhm, marginally useful in my experience). WiFi will be built in. The battery will be a Li-92B, with even more capacity than the Li-90B.

Henry

-- hide signature --
 Henry Falkner's gear list:Henry Falkner's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1
Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus SH-1 Olympus SZ-30MR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow