A few from yesterday - TX1 with 10-24mm and 55-200mm

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125Gear list
Like?
Re: A few from yesterday - TX1 with 10-24mm and 55-200mm
In reply to Al Valentino, 6 months ago

Yeah, Al - Chase is nothing if not tenacious. That's a very good quality for a bird dog. I've seen him make some absolutely astounding long distance, difficult retrieves. The waterfowl in the off-season are another matter.

He's been trying to catch geese, ducks, etc, in bodies of water since he was a pup - even fish. The birds are smart enough to know that he can't get them and they seem to enjoy staying just out of reach whilst he chugs along furiously, splashing and panting. He has learned this lesson, but when they tease him, it's too much. This time the geese really teased him, by coming right next to the shore and honking loudly and non-stop in his face.

Frankly, I think he just likes to swim and that's part of the motivation.

I have a zillion pics of this - here he is trying to catch a big palomino trout in my brook.  The score on fish is much the same as on geese.

Sometime when I feel like typing a long story, I'll tell you how he got his name - Chase.  It's a good story - has to do with high plains western jackrabbits.

Greg

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow