Picked up my A6000 in Toronto today!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Picked up my A6000 in Toronto today!
In reply to BlueRoomElectronics, 8 months ago

BlueRoomElectronics wrote:

I picked up the silver A6000 with SEL1650pz kit this afternoon in Toronto (thanks Jeff) and my first impression was it's lighter than it looks. I'm used to black bodied cameras and I hope silver is as durable.

The old NEX menu system isn't the default (yay) and I haven't dug around enough to see if it's buried in there somewhere. The amount of menu options is very large. I do prefer this style of menu over the old NEX style.

Menu has six categories with option screens, a few options have sub options... It's going to take a awhile to dig through them all and read the manual.

Camera: 42

Setup: 30

WiFi: 11

Applications: 2

Playback:10

Tools: 29

Physically the camera looks and feels great. Plenty of customizable buttons. Puddles of fun just in time for the summer.

Sony's updated the iOS remote app and you can remotely control the power zoom on the SEL1650pz (I don't recall it being an option on my NEX-6).

-- hide signature --

Bill (photography enthusiast)
My Blog http://colossus.dsmynas.com/

Congrats Bill. What store? Do they have black without the kit?

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow