ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
logan ross
Regular MemberPosts: 367
Like?
Calling Pentaxians !!
3 months ago

Hi,
Several months ago, I moved from Pentax to Fuji. I am currently shooting the XT-1 with various lenses (18,23,27,35,60,55-200). I normally shoot wider, so the 23 and 27 are my goto lenses.

I am struggling with a problem that I I know that only Pentaxians, by virtue of experience, can relate to. Specifically, I am finding that I am not getting the same type of 3d image or natural portraits I got with pentax. I shoot raw and use silkypix so the plating field is as level as it can be. Its been bugging me, so I recently starting reviewing my images over time so that I could compare photos under similar conditions (same place, subject). Please note that I shoot people and that I am reviewing the original raws such that I am looking at renderings for both cameras using the same version of silkypix.

1) Do you experience the same thing?
2) could it be that unless I am shooting at 180plus, the in body stabilization of the pentax body allows sharpness that brings out 3d nature of an image (I find 50-200 images to be sharper than other fuji lenses at the same settings)
3) is it the lens coating. I am finding I prefer the 27 images to the 23 images.

I am really loving the Fuji, but I am struggling here. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow