Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JS Burnie
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Love it or list it?
6 months ago

I currently own a D200 and a few lenses: 28-105mm f3.5/4.5, 24mm f/2.8D, 50mm f/1.8D, 180mm f.2.8D.

I have been considering the Fuji XT-1 and lenses, but am concerned that I will be unsatisfied with image quality. I shoot raw and use Photoshop, so I'm also concerned about Fuji xtrans processing.

I shoot almost all static subjects - nature and abstracts - so no need for blazing autofocus or continuous tracking. I do want great image quality, which I interpret as fine detail, accurate colour, low noise, wide dynamic range and sharpness without artifacts.  I want to be able to print up to 20"x30" or so.

If I stay with Nikon, I would probably get the D610. But D800E or 800S (soon?) are also options.

I don't like to use a tripod and do lots of walk around urban shooting, hence the appeal of a small, light mirrorless camera. I am recently retired, so may have more time for travel and want a kit that I can take on a plane without lugging an extra suitcase. I also wear glasses, so good eyepoint/eye relief is important.

If I stay with Nikon but upgrade to a higher resolution body, will I have to get higher quality lenses and will I be able to shoot handheld at moderate shutter speeds?

Stay with Nikon? Go Fuji? Something completely different? Budget is not the central issue, but Leica is probably off the table.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-- hide signature --
 JS Burnie's gear list:JS Burnie's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200 Nikon D610 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow