ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Conor OBrien
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
The Best Lens @ 12mm Focal Length
5 months ago

Hi,

I currently own a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 with the kit lens - 14-42mm Version I - and the 20mm 1.7 prime.

I do not use the old kit lens as it is nowhere near sharp enough for my needs. As I am a student, I tend to buy the best lenses I can get which offer great IQ while being reasonably priced - which is why I bought the 20mm 1.7 prime.

My next planned purchase is the 45mm 1.8 prime. So I will have a 20mm and 45mm prime. I want to add a wide angle lens to my collection which is why I am looking at primes and zooms that cover the 12mm focal length. I think all my needs will be covered if I have a kit with focal lengths of 12-45mm.

Those two primes have apertures of 1.7 and 1.8 because I do a lot of low light shooting, so the lens which covers 12mm would have to have a fast aperture too. The obvious option is the Olympus 12mm 2.0, but it is very expensive. I'm not entirely sure if it offers enough IQ for the amount of money it costs.

So, which zoom or prime would you suggest I look into that covers the 12mm focal length, has a fast aperture and offers sharp IQ for large printing?

Go...

-- hide signature --
 Conor OBrien's gear list:Conor OBrien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow