Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SantaFeBill
Senior MemberPosts: 2,033
Like?
X Series Lens Lack for one of my Uses
3 months ago

I've been wanting to downsize from my DSLR equipment, and the X-T1 seems very attractive.

But bird photography is one of my interests. 300mm. equivalent just isn't enough. (I have twice that with my DX cameras and a 400mm lens.)

I realize that Fuji has a super zoom tele on its lens roadmap. But no real specs as to focal lengths or apertures. And a date of late 2014 - earliy2015 at the earliest, and we know that lens intro dates can slip. Nor do we know how good its AF will be.

Yes, theoretically I could keep a DX body and long lens for bird photography. But, unfortunately, I'd need the $$ from selling the one system - all the items - to buy into a new one.

Perhaps Sigma will decide to make X-mount lenses. (Sigma, are you listening?) Their 150-500mm would be great, and would fill an obvious gap in the X-mount lens lineup.  Even better would be a DC (lighter, smaller?) zoom 150-500, although I've read that you don't gain much in designing longer focal length lenses for APS-C.

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow