newtoy
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't think I get TTL
In reply to MrChristopher, 7 months ago

MrChristopher wrote:

Mikess1 wrote:

MrChristopher wrote:

I've been using an x100 and EFx20 for a while now, both in manual mode. I've tried using the flash in TTL but I don't see any difference in the shots I take. I believe TTL adjusts to the environment I don't see any changes in the shutter or aperture or ISO other differences.

I've used auto ISO, shutter and aperture priority, yet I fail to see any difference that TTL makes. I'm not complaining, I'm pleading ignorance.

I'm posting in hopes some of you can enlighten me on what to expect as well as how to get the most out of TTL. In some instances, at least in theory, I can see where it could be beneficial (like at an event).

Also, I picked up an XE1 the other day so I'm now using it as well. Thanks

-- hide signature --

say what now? if you are in fact using TTL then no matter where the flash is or what your camera settings are you will get what the flash thinks is perfect exposure you will get the same exposure for every shot you take unless you use the flash exposure composition to lighten or darken the shot hope this helps

-- hide signature --

are you saying the flash output changes as needed and the shutter and/or aperture/ISO do not change?

Sorry to sound dense, but if I wasn't dense on this subject I would not have posted

-- hide signature --

Partially correct! If your original shutter speed before you turn on the flash is faster than the x-sync speed, then it should change those setting.

newtoy's gear list:newtoy's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon 1 V2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow