Photoninja 1.2.3b vs. Lighroom 5.4

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
Re: Photoninja 1.2.3b vs. Lighroom 5.4
In reply to 1drey, 5 months ago

1drey wrote:

I continued my experiments with 'difficult' files and PN/Adobe converters.

Camera RAW's highlight recovery is not fully trottled, but managed to recover the silhouette of a building in the end of the street while PN totally failed (with recovery strength cranked up and Color recovery settings ion the defaults section set to high)

And yes, PN has clear advantage in the fine details department

I love Capture One results but unlike most people I do not want a catalogue. I have 10 years worth of raw files in folders that i can easily play with easily with my folders..... So PN and ACR might be my solution. Iridient seems good but just does hot have the DR that ACR, PN and C1 manages.

For the above, is it possible to lower exposure in PN to recover the silhouette? If that building is truly lost in PN it means that adobe has better recovery and PN is simply applying false color for highlights giving the impression, a good impression, that it is superior to adobe when it isn't. Also, the current PN version for X-trans highlights is nit the final version. So we can hope.

just wish the fans would not come on in my MBP as much when using PN. I cannot afford to update my 2010 MBP at this time. I did put in a 1tb SSD a few months ago but limited to dual core and 8 gb ram

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow