Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
danielbw
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: Resolution, pixel density and lenses: D800 vs. D610
In reply to Jack Hogan, 5 months ago

Jack Hogan wrote:

danielbw wrote:

So my main concern right now is understanding this relationship between both sensors and the lenses. How do the resolution and pixel density affect such things as ISO numbers, DR and maybe DOF.

As long as you display images from both cameras at the same reasonable size (say 13x19"), downsampling the D800 image to the same resolution as the D610, and view them from the same distance then you will find that Noise, DR and DOF will be virtually identical in both throughout the ISO range - with the D610 possibly a smidgen better in noise and DR in some situations. On the other hand the D800 may show a smidgen more detail in others. You'd have to look really hard (pixel peep) to see these differences though.

So if cash is not an issue and you typically view/display images at normal sizes I would make the choice based on ergonomics and portability based on fit to your style and requirements, as others have said.

Jack

Thanks for the explanation, Jack. Highly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow