Photoninja 1.2.3b vs. Lighroom 5.4

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
1drey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,213Gear list
Like?
Re: Photoninja 1.2.3b vs. Lighroom 5.4
In reply to afragisk, 6 months ago

afragisk wrote:

1drey, thanks for sending over the photo. And congrats on the nice street shots.

I did notice a color cast when viewed in PN, with its default preset (better be exact!), which I was able to completely remove following Al's suggestion, by turning the color slider all the way to the left - even to the middle was ok though. I also turned the highlight slider in LR all the way to the left. Below is a zoomed in version of the two softwares. To my eyes, PN is still doing a better job here in highlight recovery, even in this "problematic" picture, although by a smaller margin than in my pics. There is a bigger margin in terms of details - which is covered by many other threads.

What is interesting though is that LR does apply a color cast. Below are the processed images in full size.

Finally, below are both images unprocessed, using each software's default settings. The color cast is obvious on both, much more on the PN.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 300 4L, Fuji 55-200, Fuji 56 1.2, Fuji 27 2.8, Fuji 23 1.4, Fuji 14 2.8, Bower 8 2.8

Good job on getting rid of the artificial coloring!

I continued my experiments with 'difficult' files and PN/Adobe converters.

Camera RAW's highlight recovery is not fully trottled, but managed to recover the silhouette of a building in the end of the street while PN totally failed (with recovery strength cranked up and Color recovery settings ion the defaults section set to high)

And  yes, PN has clear advantage in the fine details department.

-- hide signature --
 1drey's gear list:1drey's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow