Opinion on abandoning DSLR for System X

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
slimandy
Forum ProPosts: 14,336Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinion on abandoning DSLR for System X
In reply to Hoshikomoku, 3 months ago

I have been a long-time Nikon user, my latest being a full frame D700. It is superb but big, especially when you factor in a bag of lenses. My answer last year was to buy an Olympus OMD for travelling (ready for a trip to California in May). It was superb! 2 bodies and 4 lenses in a relatively small bag. It couldn't replace the SLR though, only compliment it.

Since then I have bought a Fuji X-E1 and X-T1. This suits me perfectly, so much so that neither the Nikon nor the Olympus has been used much since. I have been selling off the Nikon gear because I no longer feel the need for the weight and bulk, but I have also started selling off some of the Olympus gear because it isn't as nice to use as the Fuji and doesn't offer such an advantage in size and weight as it did to the SLR. There are still a few gaps with Fuji that I will plug with the other systems, but nothing I couldn't work around if I needed to. The main advantages of the Nikon are the flash system and the range of macro lenses (the Fuji 60 is not 1:1, nor is there a choice of focal lengths, but I can use my Nikon fit lenses with an adapter).

For my personal use the Fuji X-T1 is the best digital body ever made.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow