Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbramham
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,248Gear list
Like?
D800 - What I love most about it is...
4 months ago

I was approached recently by "What Digital Camera" magazine here in the UK. They asked if I'd talk a little about the D800 that I use - the things I like about it and if there's anything I think could be improved.

As you can see from the double page spread below, the article is published in this months edition of the magazine. There was a strict word-count limit so I had to keep my comments concise and concentrate on the most important items. For the type of mono landscape photography that interests me the things that I said that I really love are:

- the wonderful sensor with its great dynamic range and beautiful clean blacks

- the excellent weather sealing and pro build quality

- the comprehensive set of external controls (no need to fiddle about in the menu)

- the viewfinder twin axis electronic spirit level

On the negative side the main thing I'd like to see as an improvement is a better system for remote control of the camera.

Everyone has different priorities in their photography so I'd really be interested in hearing your thoughts on the things that you love about the D800/E.

Ian
Fine Art Photography Website: http://ianbramham.com/

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow