I just picked up my Sony A6000 - In stock everywhere?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Sam Rijver
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: I just picked up my Sony A6000 - In stock everywhere?
In reply to beancounterbeth, 8 months ago

beancounterbeth wrote:

I hope someone can help me with a quick question. I am not someone who works in manual mode much, if at all. I have taken a short course in photography but without using it often I quickly forgot what I was taught. I need a camera for travel and family get togethers. A local photo shop has ordered me a Sony a6000. I am leaving for a two week vacation in Australia soon and need to figure out if this is the camera for me. Also, is the kit lens good enough?

Thanks in advance.
Beth

Hi Beth,

This camera is extremely nice and has a great iAuto function which guesses the settings and things you want to shoot pretty well! The kit lens is nice and while some people don't like it it should do very well on your trip. You can consider getting another lens for low-light but know that it will cost a few hundred bucks extra (35mmf18). I wouldn't worry about it too much thought and first enjoy your new great camera!

Even if you plan to use auto a lot I recommend playing around with the camera a good bit before taking it on vacation and making critical shots, it's always nice to know how a camera will respond to different situations.  I would also recommend at least trying to get yourself comfortable using the A (aperture priority) mode.

Best of luck and enjoy your vacation!

-- hide signature --
 Sam Rijver's gear list:Sam Rijver's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Pixelmator Chameleon +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow