X-E1 Viewfinder and First Impressions

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Dabbler
Senior MemberPosts: 1,468Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 Viewfinder and First Impressions
In reply to mdb1986, 8 months ago

"Beyond bad"? You haven't seen some of the viewfinders I've looked through. It's probably not quite as good as the NEX7 and far below that of a D800 but I've used my XE1 for over a year and never thought to complain about it. The XT1 has a much better viewfinder but that is the way of things between generations.

The XE1 is also not a sports/action cam but I found it sufficient for my needs. When I needed to shoot serious action/wildlife with focus tracking I would lug out my weighty D800. Now that I have the XT1 with both contrast and phase detection focusing I reach for my D800 less often.

Make sure you update your camera and lenses to the latest firmware, there were some performance improvements included in the updates.

Enjoy your kit, I found the lenses to be superb and the Fuji sensor produces wonderful color tones.

If you still think your viewfinder is faulty take it into a camera store and ask to compare it to their demo model. It's an easy way to see if you have a lemon and need to return it.

-- hide signature --

Michael

Dabbler's gear list:Dabbler's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow