X-E1 Viewfinder and First Impressions

Started Apr 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
Dabbler
Senior MemberPosts: 1,567Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 Viewfinder and First Impressions
In reply to mdb1986, Apr 11, 2014

"Beyond bad"? You haven't seen some of the viewfinders I've looked through. It's probably not quite as good as the NEX7 and far below that of a D800 but I've used my XE1 for over a year and never thought to complain about it. The XT1 has a much better viewfinder but that is the way of things between generations.

The XE1 is also not a sports/action cam but I found it sufficient for my needs. When I needed to shoot serious action/wildlife with focus tracking I would lug out my weighty D800. Now that I have the XT1 with both contrast and phase detection focusing I reach for my D800 less often.

Make sure you update your camera and lenses to the latest firmware, there were some performance improvements included in the updates.

Enjoy your kit, I found the lenses to be superb and the Fuji sensor produces wonderful color tones.

If you still think your viewfinder is faulty take it into a camera store and ask to compare it to their demo model. It's an easy way to see if you have a lemon and need to return it.

-- hide signature --

Michael

Dabbler's gear list:Dabbler's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow