The Pentax Limiteds - Are they better than the tests indicate?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Retzius
Regular MemberPosts: 483Gear list
Like?
The Pentax Limiteds - Are they better than the tests indicate?
8 months ago

Hello.

I am a current Nikon user but seriously considering moving over to Pentax. I want a small camera body with a 100% viewfinder and at the current price, the K50 really ticks all the boxes for me right now.

I shoot mostly my kids, family events, landscapes, and some still life so I don't need pro autofocus and a giant buffer. You can check out my gallery for an idea of what I like to shoot.

My questions with Pentax is about the lenses.  Everyone here seems to universally rave about the Limiteds but, when I look at the objective tests on sites like DxoMark or Lenstip they somehow don't seem to have scores that live up to their reputation.

I know from experience that some lenses can have properties that the tests don't quantify. Is this the case with the Limiteds?

Or, is it just that for their small size and weight, their performance is proportionately excellent?

Thanks!

Retzius's gear list:Retzius's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Pentax K-50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow