Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPEG Shooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 542Gear list
Like?
X-S1 First Outing Observations
8 months ago

So I haven't done any HS50/X-S1 comparison testing yet.  For this first day, I just wanted to go out and play with it.

I had some strange quirky issues.  After walking around taking a few shots, I put the camera up to my eye and saw a previously taken image displaying in the EVF.  Image review was disabled (off) in the menu and I am almost positive I toggled out of review mode back into live mode so I don't know why that image was there.  The quirk was that I couldn't get it off... pressed shutter button, pressed image review button, and even switched the camera off.  Nothing... image was still there.  I had to take the battery out and reinsert.  Then everything was good and it never happened after that.  Odd.

The second thing... and I don't know if this is normal or something is wrong but it is really wierd behavior.  When I am looking in the EVF framing up a shot, the focus box, and even the image, bobs around a little bit as though I'm moving the camera  (and I'm sure I'm not moving the camera).  I can't remember if this only happens after I've half-pressed or not.  Has anyone else expereinced this?

Most obvious thing so far... the HS50 is MUCH better at acquiring focus.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
view my galleries at http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus Tough TG-3 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 +3 more
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow