Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Carl Zeiss on X-E1
In reply to no focus, 4 months ago

no focus wrote:

Hi there,

I've sold my 5d and now looking for something more compact. Thinking about some fuji's.

I red that there are adapters for the X-E1. Is it also possible to mount my older contax/zeiss lenses? And what would work or not. I guess the 28mm will become like a 45?!

Before I buy a body I would like to know if I can use my lenses..

Cheers, Martin (Netherlands)

I have no legacy glass to use with my X-E1. I also like using the native Fuji X Mount lenses, so this isn't much of an issue for me. Last year, while I was waiting for Fuji to release the XF 23mm lens, I did do some searching around.

I came across a thread on a different forum somewhere started by someone who was showing off the used Contax lens he'd just bought and the results he was getting when using it on his X-Pro1. The images he posted were excellent.

At that time, when I did some searching for adaptors I came across a whole slough of them; some expensive, some not. But it seemed like it was possible to adapt just about any lens mount to the Fuji X Mount. There were some reports by people having problems when they used certain brands of adaptors; the flanges didn't quite fit, I believe that was the problem. In other places I came across reports that those irregularities had been addressed and fixed. You'll have to do your own research to find out what's up today.

As far as Fuji cameras go, the X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-E2, X-T1 all have the same basic sensor; they all produce the same basic IQ, and that is wonderful.

The Fuji crop factor is 1.5x, the same as that used with Nikon DX. Take a standard 35mm film lens, divide the focal length by 2, then add the result back into the original focal length. Your 24mm lens becomes a 42mm lens on the Fuji APS-C sensor, with a slightly different DOF.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow