Loud shutter sound of Sony A7 series

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,617Gear list
Like?
A7 shutter sound is not loud, its long
In reply to terrylau, 8 months ago

terrylau wrote:

I have played with Sony A7 and A7r in Sony shop . As much as I like the cameras , I find the shutter sound too loud and give vibrations that could impact on the slowest shutter speed that can be used to give a steady picture . Since there is no mirror to give a mirror slap ,wonder why a quieter shutter design as that on A77 ? Sony A7 do have an electronic first curtain so is quieter than A7R but still loud .

Any ideas ?

terrylau

It is no louder than many cameras....with EFC turned off, the double noise is just longer not louder.

I always have EFC on though so only get the one shorter sound.

Compared to my GX7 it may be a little louder though not enough to matter.....though the GX7 does have a silent shutter mode that is nice but limits things.

GX7 can vary the sound as well (but does not seem to make much difference anyway).

A7 shutter noise is fine by me.....maybe would not use it as a guest in a church at a silent moment....but that is the same with most cameras without a completely silent shutter.

neil holmes's gear list:neil holmes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7S Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow