Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,453Gear list
Like?
Progression of a budding photographer
6 months ago

The quote below comes from this post in another thread.

yyr wrote:

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

I just noticed that the post quoted below was my 3000th.

Number 1000 was in the Panasonic forum when I was using my FZ150.

Number 2000 was in the Micro Four Thirds forum when I was using my FZ200 and very seriously considering buying my first interchangeable lens camera.

It is appropriate that my 3000th post just happened to be in this forum because now that I have settled on my E-M1, my focus has shifted from cameras to photos. This forum seems to have a higher concentration of photos vs gear discussions than the m43 forum does.

I have to admit, though, I am thinking about acquiring an ultra wide angle lens due to inspiration I received from a video presentation I watched just last night by Art Wolfe.

Thanks for indulging my desire to "mark" this post.

Maybe a thread with 3 photos, one for each milestone, would be an interesting thing to do?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

I responded to it with...

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Hmm... I'm almost afraid to go back and look at some of those older photos.

I'll see what I can put together. Not sure when I'll get to it.

Well, it turns out that it took two weeks for me to get to it.

I selected three each from the cameras I've owned since getting serious about photography. I left out many good photos from the E-M1 since I had posted them recently here and didn't want to bore you. This means my very latest work isn't represented because I've been participating in a number of C&C threads. The first three are from my FZ150 (when I was still trying to figure out what aperture was). The second three from my FZ200. The third three from the E-M1.

I see some significant issues in some of these but they were all flagged as above average, by me, in Lightroom, at the time of processing. None-the-less, I'm sure I'll learn something from you if you offer constructive criticism, even on the older ones.

FZ150 Sunrise

FZ150 Storm Coming

FZ150 Snowy Egret

FZ200 Jordon Pond

FZ200 Acadia Cliffs

FZ200 Twilight City Scape

E-M1 Natural Ice Sculpture

E-M1 Riverview at Night

E-M1 Sunrise sky

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow