Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
clockface
Regular MemberPosts: 171
Like?
Re: X100 lens ring
In reply to bjzwaan, 4 months ago

mr moonlight wrote:

Joe Brush wrote:

You can remove the lens ring easily by using the metal lens cap that comes with the camera. It has a soft, grippy surface on the inside.

Regards, Joe.

-- hide signature --

This is a good way to do it. The main thing is to not grip the side of the ring as that just compresses it, making it harder to turn. Sometimes a lighter touch actually works better.

I did it! indeed not much force, and all of a sudden it turned, yeah1

A weird system I must say, but reviews said that the x100 had its quirks

Anyway, another thing that surprised me is that with the adapter ring and the protection filter on that came with the black LE version, the half case just barely can be put over the lens front. How are other X100 owners use their half cases?

Cheers,

bas

Removing the ring by placing it onto a flat palm works equally as well. It's the equal application of the turning force that does it rather than pinching or squeezing the ring using a finger grip. I wouldn't call it a Fuji problem it's a physical attribute of a removable flexible slim screwed ring.

I have an adaptor with a slim B+W and yes the top half of the case isn't a snug fit but it does the job. The gap is only a few millimetres, hardly noticeable.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow