Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dharma108
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,541Gear list
Like?
Easy doing an AF focus adjust using FastStone image viewer
3 months ago

I just re-did an AF focus adjust on my Bigma and my 50-200 with both TC's and it was so quick and easy. It took me less than an hour to do five lens set ups. I used FastStone image viewer (a free download) to view the differences in focus related to the micro adjustments. I also downloaded a nice focus chart for focusing. http://photographylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Focus-Test-Chart.pdf

FastStone Image Viewer has a great compare tool that you can use to compare 2 to 4 images while using the mouse wheel to blow the images up so that you can closely examine the differences. I found this to be a much better tool than Olympus viewer or whatever Olympus program I used when I last did this three years ago. (Actually forget the Oly program I used--I think it was Olympus Viewer)

For the record:

• 50-200             -3
  • 50-200 & 1.4     -4
  • 50-200 & 2.0    +3
  • Bigma              -3
  • Bigma & 1.4     +3
 dharma108's gear list:dharma108's gear list
Olympus C-2100 UZ Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +25 more
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow