brianric
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,195Gear list
Like?
Re: Disapointed in my Df.
In reply to scokill, 7 months ago

scokill wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

Rservello wrote:

I didn't ever say anyone uses it for sports. Onl that claiming pros rely on af is ridiculous. My original statement was that sports photography existed before af.

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49019071@N03/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2334596/
* Sensitive Internet User Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and are not meant to offend you or damage your precious beliefs.

I think the point that people are trying to make is that manual focus is a backup to AF in today's cameras. Not a primary method of acquiring focus for sports photography.

This is the reason that Nikon lost the pro market in the 90s - they believed that the "real pros" would never rely totally on AF - so what if their AF was slower than Canon's system - the "real pros" used manual focus - right? History tells us Nikon was wrong and Canon became the market leader.

Just like ocean navigation existed before GPS, people only use a Sextant if their GPS isn't working properly or as a backup method if they have lost all power.

Regarding the OP - I am surprised that he is disappointed that the DF AF doesn't work as well as the D800 - the D800 AF is rated for lower light than the DF - hence it shouldn't be a surprise that the D800 can acquire focus better than the DF in low light situations.

Regarding the OP, I would bet the issue was with the Tamron/DF combo.

Tamron/Df combo doesn't have a problem with indoor grammar school basketball.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow