Nikon D800E Left Focus Addendum

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E Left Focus Addendum
In reply to LesGarten, 8 months ago

LesGarten wrote:

There were probably problems with my other gear as well, we just didn't have the Internet to tell us about it for the most part.

This strikes me as a fair assessment of an issue facing many of us.  Add to that the resolution increases which seem to make flaws more obvious and we're finding things which we might have overlooked previously.

Which is not to say the problems are not real, I sent one D800 in myself for left focus issues and it appears to have been resolved satisfactorily.

The point I would like to make to the OP however, is that I think the odds of getting a D800 with various maladies is decreasing significantly.  Reports of problems seem to be appearing with regularity and indeed the D800e I got from B & H two months ago seems to have none at all.  Or maybe we're just using better targets and better test procedures.  

My personal take is that it's probably as good as it's going to get on the D800 front and you should go ahead with your purchase.  On the other hand, one of my old sergeants once said "Beware of advice from the man who himself has nothing at risk."

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow