Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
1drey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,298Gear list
Like?
Re: Photoninja 1.2.3b vs. Lighroom 5.4
In reply to Al Valentino, 8 months ago

Al Valentino wrote:

1drey wrote:

More than one time I was thinking about buying PN license, but after testing with some 'hard' files I gave up.

Like in this sample:

Just can't get rid of this pink color 'invented' by PN. Adobe RAW converter is free from this issue.

At the moment PN has a beta release which specifically addresses highlight recovery for X-trans with a new highlight recovery engine . I wonder if your turned down the "Color Highlight Recovery" slider to 0, as I mentioned above, if the pink would disappear. I haven't purchased but I suspect i will go that way. I have Aperture and Capture One and CS6. I love Aperture but in general do not like catalogue systems and prefer folder structure. I have been using Bridge but adobe raw are just okay. PN and ACR, as needed, might work out better for me. Photo Mechanic is also on my list as a browser. I used it long ago for years with Nikon Capture and Capture NX before moving to adobe for Nikon raw files.

http://www.picturecode.com/news.php#pn1_2_3bPre

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Yes, I was playing with recovery slider in wide range - from 0 to 100 - with no avail. 
It is a pity because in many areas PN just shines and allows to produce superb result in very short time comparing to ACR.

BTW, the price of PN is close to the price of PS CC ownership. It is a bit embarrassing. Yes, your outdated PN will continue to work even without upgrade but it won't support your new shiny X-T3

-- hide signature --
 1drey's gear list:1drey's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow