New Nikon P600 needs 30s. to save in Continuous High Mode?!?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdrianBW
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
New Nikon P600 needs 30s. to save in Continuous High Mode?!?
6 months ago

Hello to all,

First of all, please escuse me for my poor english. I need a little help from P600 owners.

I purchased one as an upgrade to my old P510.

P600 are advertised as multitasking and better an faster procesor, BUT...

In Continuous High mode, after i shot a series, my new P600 needs 30 SECONDS to save the images untill i can focus and shot again?!? Running a test wit same settings and same card (Sandisk Extreme Pro 45 mb/s 16 Gb) with my older P 510 in same Continuous High mode, and i can focus for a new shot in only 6 seconds!

So i am confused! What kind of multitaskig is this?

P600 needs 30 seconds P510 needs 6 seconds

A 2 generation older model in Continuous High mode, at the same settings, with same type of SDHC card is moving 5X faster than the new, better equipped with a new multitasking processor?

In other ways it's a great camera, have a better battery and a lot of other improvements compared to my older P510, but for Birds, i used a lot that C H mode, so i am a little disappointed for that lag.

So, if you have time to run a test with your P600 in Continuous High mode (at maximum optical zoom) and confirm that annoying 30 seconds needed to save the images to memory card, please let me know. I need to know: my camera is defective or this is an... "issue" of this new model?

Thanks to all and waiting for your reply!

Nikon Coolpix P510 Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow