OK So Lightroom is NOT quite there yet

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,663Gear list
Like?
Re: OK So Lightroom is NOT quite there yet
In reply to Travelshooter, 8 months ago

Travelshooter wrote:

The crops are not identically sized, and the amount of sharpening does not seem identical either. Having said that; if you blow the crops up on a large monitor there are differences to be seen.

How great those differences are when the crops are identically sized and sharpened, and how much can be seen in a print or a regular size (not cropped or zoomed) image is another question.

-- hide signature --

www.MartinDareff.com

I said up front the crops weren't perfect, however that doesn't seem to effect the ability to discern the differences. If you note the top part of the mountain where there is the granite portion, the sharpening on both are nearly identical. It is in the micro detail of the shrubs and evergreens LR falls apart. I feel this is as ideal a test as possible. I will try to post files later time and weather dependent, where they have just been demosaiced and nothing more so perhaps people can play with them themselves.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T1 Camera, Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 Lens, Fuji 55-200 f4-f5.6 Lens, Fuji 23mm f1.4 Lens, Fuji 56mm f1.2R Lens, waiting for the Fuji mount Nissin i40 Flash, Picturecode PhotoNinja, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow