OK So Lightroom is NOT quite there yet

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,666Gear list
Like?
Re: OK So Lightroom is NOT quite there yet
In reply to particleman78, 8 months ago

particleman78 wrote:

The Lightroom photo looks like a water color painting at 100%. I have noticed the same when you apply large amounts of sharpening in Lightroom. This is the reason I use Photo Ninja for the initial RAW conversion before doing my final edits in Lightroom. I just wish Photo Ninja would fix the batch rendering bug with x-trans files. If you try to batch render files in Photo Ninja with lens corrections enabled you get weird square artifacts on the top left corner of images. Having to individually click each photo and process really grinds the workflow to a crawl.

Yes, this is perhaps the main reason for a wedding or event workflow Lightroom remains THE viable choice. It's speed and workflow sensibility is class leading. But alas as we now know for ultimate detail (such as landscapes) PN will be a superior choice, in particular if you aren't trying to edit a boatload of files. I haven't had a vacation yet where I would typically shoot several hundred files, so PN is just fine for now. I like your idea of using it as a plug in and transferring to LR once the demosaicing and basic adjustments have been perfected. I'll have to try that.

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T1 Camera, Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 Lens, Fuji 55-200 f4-f5.6 Lens, Fuji 23mm f1.4 Lens, Fuji 56mm f1.2R Lens, waiting for the Fuji mount Nissin i40 Flash, Picturecode PhotoNinja, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow