OK So Lightroom is NOT quite there yet

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,492Gear list
Like?
Excellent response Brian
In reply to Brian_Downunda, 5 months ago

Brian_Downunda wrote:

I'm not surprised that you discovered what you did, but I think that you've overreacted. It's not yet time to slit your wrists. LR is fine for many images for many purposes. I can't imagine a wedding photographer using PN for example. CO7 perhaps.

Different converters have their strengths and weaknesses. While I have images where other converters do better than LR, it's rare that the difference is really that significant to the overall image.

Which concerns me. I think that this focus on the ultimate level of detail is a distraction from what makes a good photograph - it's rare that this level will make a lot of difference.

Relax and don't pixel peep, unless you really need to.

and I thought I as much as said the same thing, but perhaps a different way. The workflow on LR is quite a bit smoother/faster and of course with batch capabilities like it has a ton easier regarding a wedding shoot. I can still remember my shooting weddings and doing good old Photoshop the whole way. Lightroom as certainly sped that process up. Photo Ninja isn't geared toward that kind of work flow clearly. It is a detail hound, and for subjects requiring that it excels. For subjects requiring a fast workflow Lightroom will likely remain king

-- hide signature --

Fuji X-T1 Camera, Fuji 18-55 f2.8-f4 Lens, Fuji 55-200 f4-f5.6 Lens, Fuji 23mm f1.4 Lens, Fuji 56mm f1.2R Lens, waiting for the Fuji mount Nissin i40 Flash, Picturecode PhotoNinja, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow