Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dogbait
Regular MemberPosts: 124
Like?
Nikon D800E Left Focus Addendum
8 months ago

Just thought I'd update on my Nikon D800E left focus saga.

Back in 2013 I sent my D800E in for the left focus issue to Nikon UK.

Nikon returned it sans body cap, the memory card door flapping open in the box with their memory card still in it and a note saying 'No focus issues found'. The technician's memory card contained a single test image of their focus rig taken with my camera to corroborate. Hardly thorough.

Naturally I was ticked off. I had to send the D800 along with a CD of accompanying 'proof' images before they would even look at it.

The camera autofocus was unpredictable following this 'repair'. With daylight lighting nailing focus 50% of the time and tungsten lighting giving focus all over the place. Since it wasn't my main body I shelved it until a month ago when I realized my warranty would be running out soon.

I contacted the retailer this time (Gray's) who advised me to send it to Fixation UK instead. Thankfully Nikon UK covered Fixation's bill as a warranty repair and I have to say the camera has been flawless since.

I've had great service from Fixation in the past (they restored a smashed 24-70 to mint condition), but for them to resolve something in one try which Nikon UK couldn't do with two is pretty impressive. So for anyone still struggling with this problem I'd recommend letting Fixation have a look. It's been a month in since they adjusted it and I'm finding that my D800E nails focus in all types of lighting conditions now.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow