Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bhatti
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Some thoughts on the Fuji X100s
8 months ago

I have been a longtime Nikon user. On a recent visit to a local camera store I somehow ended up buying a Fuji X100s. I had actually gone there to test out a Nikon 105mm 2.8 VR lens but just couldn't resist the last Fuji X100s available here in my city. This was perhaps due to my previous experience with a Fuji X10 which I happen to love as well.

Anyway, I came back sort of confused with the thought of having spent so much on something I had not planned on buying. Its quite an expensive camera and a day later I started having second thoughts.  I did come to a point when I thought about returning the camera and buying the Nikon lens which I needed.

And then earlier today I went out with my son to a park where I got the chance to take some photographs with the X100s. Having used the Nikon, the Fuji seemed a bit difficult to operate and I did have a hard time adjusting to the frame shifting within the viewfinder each time I pressed the shutter half way through ( I guess the camera is adjusting for the parallax). When I got home and looked at the photographs .. any confusion that I had went away. I always thought that the Nikon 50mm 1.8D to be an extremely sharp lens (if not wide open). But the lens on this Fuji was even better. I looked through my earlier files of the 50mm on my D800 and to be honest none were as sharp.

I am not only going to keep the 100s I guess I am going to have a great time with it .. i.e. once I get the hang of it.

Here are some images taken with the X100s (straight out of the camera) resized to a lower resolution.

bhatti's gear list:bhatti's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow