Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
AndreaV
Regular MemberPosts: 257
Like?
Re: Yes, however...
In reply to gerard boulanger, 5 months ago

gerard boulanger wrote:

kivis wrote:

Proud owner of a Fuji X-Pro1. Previous owner of an X-E1, X-E2, Sony Nex 5 and loaner of an Oly Omd1. I do not for the life of me get how anyone can use an EVF camera only. Maybe it is the bright sunshine here in South Florida, but I find EVF's and LCD screens useless in the bright sun. All hail the OVF on my X-Pro1.

My 2 cents

-- hide signature --

Kivis

... using OVF with optics longer than 50mm (or so) is not very comfortable or even easy to check the focus area. As you know, the white frame becomes so small that the only solution left is to switch to EVF. And... when we do, the relatively low resolution might be not comfortable or even disturbing for some.

I have the X-Pro1 as well and love the hybrid viewfinder, but I wish I could get the 2.4 M pixels EVF when I use my Nikon 105, or even with my Fui 60 mm. Not only that, but using lenses shorter than 14 mm and we lose the advantage of the framing with the OVF.

Having said that, I love the OVF from wide angle all the way to the 35 mm, after hat, I switch to EVF by necessity, especially focus peaking.

Yes... focus peaking with legacy lenses require EVF. I think it would be a great addition just to have a focus confirmation also with MF lenses in the OVF. It should be quite simple to implement in a firmware and would allow to use the OVF in MF almost like in a rangefinder camera!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow