Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 8,886Gear list
Like?
Sunrise with the 10-24 and 60
4 months ago

I cancelled my order for the 56mm and Rokinon 12mm and bought the 10-24 and picked up the 60mm while it was still on sale instead. I'm much more of a wide guy than portrait guy, no Fuji lens is likely to supplant my Olympus 75mm as my primary candid portrait lens, and the 60 will more than do as a secondary portrait lens, as well as having some macro function. The 56 looks beautiful but f1.2 is likely gonna be too narrow for me on a lens of that length and the AF on the 60 is actually pretty decent on the XE2 and XT1. I'd used it before with the X-Pro and XE1 and hated it - now it's pretty useable - I did some test portraits of my wife in low light last night and it came through really well. Anyway, took both of these lenses out to catch the sunrise this morning at a local preserve.

I'm really liking having the film emulations in Lightroom - I can shoot all raw now, the workflow is much smoother...  Sorry, Flickr was crazy slow this morning, so I just posted them at 1024 - I think you can click through to the original if you want to see them larger...

-Ray
--------------------------------------
We judge photographers by the photographs we see. We judge cameras by the photographs we miss - Haim Zamir
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow