MAC PRO 6x 3.5 (3.9 turbro) ordered

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,422Gear list
Like?
Re: MAC PRO 6x 3.5 (3.9 turbro) Shipped
In reply to Martin.au, 1 week ago

Martin.au wrote:

In Australia, most of them are grid connect, so batteries, etc aren't needed. Typical cost (when we bought ours) was $2000 Australian for our smaller 1.5KW system and our larger 2.8KW system was $4740 (newer system, so less government rebate).

For every KWh we put back into the grid we get 52c on the 1.5KW system and 25c on the 2.8kw system. (different rates due to different contracts. We were "early birds" on the 1.5KW system.)

oh sure - if you personally did the right thing some 10 years ago with different legislation compare to today you are personally lucky - no doubt

Others win in the lottery and others get company shares for good work - that's individually - I am talking about today in my area and that makes no sense at all - a normal pension plan brings more return on investment then the investment in a photovoltaic device in middle Europe (maybe for the more southern countries it's different)

Lowering the electrical consumption is a further improvement - I'd guess that I can lower my electrical power consumption within the coming 20 years at least by 1/3 by implementing clever technology.

E.g. T5 fluorescent lamps can go up to 96 lm/W efficiency at a CRI (Ra value) of near to 90% and brightness of 90 % ager 20,000 h running compare to LEDs today with some 30-80 lm/W at a CRI of only 70 % and 70 % brightness after a few hundred hours running at 4000 K color temperature.

There are lots of possibilities to save energy and using them clever will most presumably lower the electrical bill that much that putting the money on a normal pension plan plus lower Energy consumption is probably the best strategy starting today - if you have invested years ago that's a different story - especially in Germany.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow