D800 with Sigma 24 105mm f4 Art Lens Anyone using?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 453Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 with Sigma 24 105mm f4 Art Lens Anyone using?
In reply to Truman Prevatt, 4 months ago

Truman Prevatt wrote:

Yep - made the calculation before coffee.

Truman, can you show how you actually do the calculation for the number of stops between on value and the other?   For example what is the number of stops' difference between 2.2 and 2.8?  Between 1.8 and 4.8?

I did try a 24-70 - too heavy, to obvious for the focal length and did get me anything I could not get with my 35-70 f2/8 AFD so I sold it. It doesn't really buy me much I can't get from my 50 and if I need a wide angle I usually know it in advance before I go out and my 24 works fine.

I'm considering selling my 24-70 and going with with two or three primes for some of the reasons you mention no to mention IQ too.  Do you usually carry one or the other or do you only take one knowing in advance what you'll be shooting?  If you carry two do you just change them quickly in the field?

Did you still feel much-more expensive 24mm over the relatively economical 28mm was the right move?

regards, David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow