Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,847
Like?
Re: Photoninja 1.2.3b vs. Lighroom 5.4
In reply to afragisk, 5 months ago

afragisk wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Just by moving the highlight slider to the left you will be miles ahead of the LR example you posted.

I wish it was that simple. Main and region highlights moved all the way to the left:

I'm sure we can get there if we distort the tone curve in ways that would probably require a lot of knowledge, experience or time. Again, not my main point here anyway.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 300 4L, Fuji 55-200, Fuji 56 1.2, Fuji 27 2.8, Fuji 23 1.4, Fuji 14 2.8, Bower 8 2.8

I didn't say it was that simple. I said that you would be miles ahead of the image you posted. My guess is that there are quite a few people on the forum here that would only need a couple of minutes with your original to show you several variations of your image that would be as good or perhaps better than the PN image. And I'm not saying that one program is better than the other... only that for those considering both programs, your attempt at a comparison might hurt more than it helps.  If you just wanted to show the results of the automatic feature in PN then it might have been better to show only the PN images instead of presenting it as some sort of comparison to LR.   But again, maybe I am misunderstanding your overall point here.   It came across to me that you were saying that PN can recover highlights better than LR and maybe that is not your point at all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow