* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #311 14 04 09 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
NewGirlLiz
Regular MemberPosts: 292
Like?
Group Reply
In reply to yyr, 4 months ago

Thanks so much for the feedback, which is extremely useful, as ever. I'm glad that it seems I'm thinking along the right lines in terms of composition. As far as the PP is concerned - well, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this. (As you can see!) I have Photoshop Elements, and I have a lovely shiny new book which will teach me how to use it, and some links to tutorials too. Up to now, I haven't really looked at any of these, due to time and to the fact that I'm being impatient and just wanting to get out there taking pics, instead of taking the time to really learn what to do with the pictures once I've taken them.

Yaelle, I love that quote and I'm realising more and more how true it is, and how much the photo is only the first part of the process. I never knew this at all until the last few months. From my point of view as a writer, I guess it's similar to the way I feel about the first draft of a book. Some people think their job is done when they write 'the end' - but to me, that's when you're only really at the beginning of the process of turning your work into something you would consider sharing. Thank you so much for helping me to make this link with photography. It was just the thing I needed to make me decide to start spending time learning to work on photos after the shot has been taken.

And thanks Andrew - really like what you did with it, and yes please I'd be interested to know what you did.

Thanks again

Liz

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow